Capt. Eugen-Henning Adami
September 2010 to date
Mastermind Shipmanagement Ltd, Cyprus
• Owner of Mastermind Group Ltd, a ship-owning / ship-management company which currently fully owns, manages and operates 21 vessels worldwide.
November 1988 – August 2010
Intership Navigation Co. Ltd – Cyprus
• Managing Director and Partner of a ship-owning and ship-management company, which operated 100 fully owned vessels in full management and 67 vessels in crew management, with a total workforce of 3200 professionals.
July 1986 – 1988
Helmut Bastian Shipping – Germany
• Superintendent for 15 dry cargo ships of various types. Company closed in January 1989.
1981 – 1988
AB, Bosun, Chief Officer and Master on SS Grossherzogin Elisabeth Chief Officer and Master on SS Thor Heyerdahl
• Until 1984 until 1988 relieve master on both tallships.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
1981 – 1984 Master AG
“Diplom Wirtschaftsingeniur fuer Seeverkehr”
Nautical University, Elsfleth, Germany
• Master for all types of vessels with unlimited size
1979 – 1980 Technical College In Elsfleth, Germany
Mother tongue German
Other language English
Organisational / managerial skills
Leadership (currently responsible for a team of 25 people onshore).
• Past President of Cyprus Shipping Chamber and Member of the CSC Executive Committee
• Vice President of CYMEPA (Cyprus Marine Environment Protection Association)
• Director of various Cypriot Shipping Companies
• President of CY-FOS
CY-FOS’s vision is to apply an integrated approach with respect to the “Blue Economy” cluster affairs and to enhance the already established sectorial and cross-sectorial cooperation and dialogue. Acting as the sole “Blue Economy” cluster organisation its aim and main objective is to become the Integrated Maritime Policy (IMP) Champion in Cyprus and be the pillar of sustainable “Blue Growth”. In accordance with the Articles of Association, the Board of Directors of CY-FOS will be elected amongst the various stakeholders/members from the Public, Private and Academia sectors.
• Frederick University – Principal Lecturer and Permanent Member of the Advisory Board at the Department of Maritime Transport & Commerce
Since 2004, he teaches both undergraduate and post-graduate students a wide range of subjects in commercial shipping and shipmanagement. Captain Adami played a pivotal role in the development of industry focused programmes of maritime studies in Cyprus and has been honoured by the University for his fundamental contribution to the new Professional Marine Engineering Programme as well as the set-up of its modern training workshop facilities, located in Limassol. He has been actively involved in the organisation and has chaired several international scientific maritime conferences. Furthermore, he has participated in numerous research projects both as a researcher and as shipping consultant.