CURRENT ACADEMIC POSITION
- Full Professor in Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship 2011.
- Vice Rector for Research, Innovation & Technology Transfer, University of Messina, 2013.
- Member Committee for National Research Plan 2021-2027, Minister of Research and Higher Education.
- Faculty Member, Ph.D. Program on Economics, Management and Statistics.
- Expert Committee ANIMA EU Project – Aviation Noise Impact Management through novel approach (https://anima-project.eu).
- Expert Committee PON Project AEROMAT – Use of innovative technologies, materials and models in the aeronautical fields.
- Advisory Board Italy Member – Unicredit Bank (from 2018).
- Independent Board Member – University of Catania (from 2019).
- Board Member – CUEIM Academic Italian Association of Management and Industrial Economics (https://www.cueim.org/en/) (from 2018).
- Former Chairman of the Board – Catania International Airport (2016-2019).
- Former Board Member – Assaeroporti – Italian Airports Association Network (2017-2019).
- D. in Business Administration (Management), University of Catania, 1998.
- MBA in Management of Innovation, Sant’Anna School Pisa, Italy, 1993.
- Com. with Honors (Management), University of Messina, Italy, 1992.
PRIOR ACADEMIC POSITIONS
- President – Italian Experts Panel for the UNIVERSITY Third Mission Evaluation (ANVUR), 2015-2017.
- 2006-2011 Associate Professor – Dept. of Business Economics and Management University of Messina.
- 2001-2006 Assistant Professor – Dept. of Business Economics and Management University of Messina.
- 1999-2000 Researcher University of Catania.
VISITING/ TEACHING OUTSIDE ITALY
- Visiting Professor at INNOPOLIS (Kazan, Russia), 2016-2017.
- Visiting Scholar at Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota (US), 2013.
- Visiting Scholar at EPFL (Lausanne), Switzerland, 2013.
- Visiting Professor at Ecole de Management – Grenoble (Fr), 2011.
- Visiting Scholar at Texas A & M University, Department of Management, College Station, TX., 2001.
INTERNATIONAL SERVICE ACTIVITIES
- Invited Speaker, International Conference Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Jilin University, Changchun (China).
- Guest Editor, Special issue on Micro-foundations and Ambidexterity in International Business and Innovation, International Business Review, 2018.
- External Referee for Full professorship, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver (Canada), 2015.
- Organizer, Professional Development Workshop (PDW), Academy of Management, Rethinking Universities as Entrepreneurial Hubs, Vancouver (Canada), 2015.
- Track chair, R&D Management Conference, Pisa (Italy), 2015.
- Program Chair, ITAIS Conference (Italian Chapter of Association of Information Systems), Bocconi, Milan, 2013.
- Scientific Committee Winter school on Emerging Nanotechnologies, Grenoble Ecole de Management 2011.
- Co-organizer of the workshop extension Strategic Management Society, “Entrepreneurship at the Crossroads: New Challenges and Emerging Issues” Catania, September 17, 2010.
- Organizer of the symposium The role of anchor firms and networks in Mobilizing Knowledge for Developing countries and regions, The Academy of Management, Montreal, Canada, 2010.
- Track Chair 2009-present Information Systems, Technology Transfer and New Business Models, ITAIS International Association of Information Systems.
- Chair of the International Workshop “Coopetition Strategy. Stretching the Boundaries of Coopetition “(with GB Dagnino, I. Gutierrez and M. Giarratana)-EIASM European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management – University Carlos III of Madrid – Madrid, Feb 7 to 8, 2008.
BAGLIERI, Cinici, M.C., Crupi, A. (2019). Talent management and innovation. In Y. Liu (ed.) Research handbook of international talent management, p. 11-34 Cheltenham (UK): Edward Elgar, ISBN: 978 1 78643 709.
Trigeorgis, L., Baldi, F., Baglieri, D. and Oriani, R. (2019), Payment Structure, Bargaining Power and Real Options: Evidence from Biotechnology Licensing, Academy of Management ProceedingsVolume 2019, Issue 118 Jul 2019.
Pellegrino, R., Cinici, M.C., BAGLIERI D. (2018) Business models and heuristics: How do they work together? Piccola Impresa /Small Business, 1: 39-57. ISSN 0394-7947.
BAGLIERI, D. F. Baldi, C. Tucci (2018), University technology transfer office business models: One size does not fit all, Technovation, 76 51-63.
FCesaroni, D. BAGLIERI, A. Crupi (2017). Closing Distances Between Academia and Market. In: (a cura di): Samuel Chackalamannil David Rotella Simon Ward, Comprehensive Medicinal Chemistry III. p. 520-528, Oxford:Elsevier, ISBN: 9780128032008.
Cinici, Maria Cristina, Amara, Mohamed, BAGLIERI, Daniela (2017). Fostering micro-entrepreneurship: Does spatial proximity matter?. In: (edited by): Seweryn Renata;RojeK Tomasz, Knowledge Economy Society: Selected problems of dynamically developing areas of the economy. p. 137-144, CRACOVIA:FOUNDATION OF THE CRACOW UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS, ISBN: 978-83-65907-13-4.
D.BAGLIERI (2017). Università imprenditoriale. In: AA.VV.. Università, Ricerca, Crescita. p. 165-176, BOLOGNA:Il Mulino, ISBN: 978-88-15-27101-3.
Crupi, A., Cesaroni, F., BAGLIERI, D. (2017). Firms absorptive capacity & universities patenting activity. Findings from Chinese CNT sector. In: Academy of Management Proceedings 2017. vol. 2017, p. 16290, Atlanta, GA, 4-8 Agosto, 2017, doi: 10.5465/AMBPP.2017.16290abstract.