Dr. Marco Ferlazzo graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Messina, and then specialized in Orthopedics at the University of Catania. Since 1986 he has directed the COT Specialized Clinical Institute where for many years he practiced as an orthopedic prosthetic surgeon and with particular attention to spinal pathologies.
Furthermore, his commitment has been made to bring the structure to the highest levels of quality such as accreditation in JCI (Joint Commission International) and with the very latest affirmation of the HIMSS 6 of the highest level of technology in healthcare. In addition to the countless scientific publications and winner of the prize for technology in health of the Politecnico di Milano (2017).
- Director of the COT Clinic – Orthopedic Trauma Care of Messina.
- 1995-2000 – Provincial President of AIOP in Messina.
- 2000-2005 – Expert of the regional accreditation committee for private nursing homes in the Sicilian Region of Palermo.
- 2000-2006 – Regional Vice President of AIOP Sicily in Palermo.
- 2001 – Member of the European Commission (Brussels).
- May 2016 (Confindustria Sicilia) Palermo – Member of the Health Commission
- May 2016 Biomedical University of Rome – Member of the Board of Directors
- 2014-2015 University of Messina, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery SIR, Diploma Course MOTOR SCIENCES, SPORT AND HEALTH, Adjunct Professor: BIOMECHANICS OF THE SPINE AND BACK-PAIN
- Academic year 2014-2015: University of Messina, Department of Economics, Quality management in medical services.
- 2014-2015: University of Messina, Department of Economics, Quality Management in Medical Services, Member of the Scientific and Technical Committee.
- From 2012 to today, Palermo is a member of the Regional Executive Council, AIOP Sicily.
OTHER WORK AREAS
- University professor
- Director of the structure
- Orthopedic surgeon
- Healthcare consultant
- In 1973 he graduated from the University of Medicine of Messina.
- 1981-1983 – University of Messina (Messina, Italy) – Training in the department of anesthesiology and intensive care.
- 1984-1985 – University of Catania (Catania, Italy) – Permanent member of the Department of Orthopedics
- 1985 – Winner of the scholarship (University of Messina)
- 1986 – Beth Israel Hospital – Harvard Medical School (MA – USA) – Internship in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery.
- 1991 – Hospital Pitie Salpetriere (Paris, France) – Internship in orthopedic surgery.
- 2006-2007 – Bio Medico University Campus (Rome) – Professor of the Faculty of Surgery, Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- From 26.12.1986 to today – Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer of COT SpA (Messina).
- Specialization in Orthopedics at the University of Messina (1988)
- Italian Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology (SIOT).
- Italian Association of Private Hospital (AIOP)